(AUDIO) HUMBOLDT WAITING: Let’s talk cannabis! HCGA Director Natalynne DeLapp Talks About Sun Valley Grass Farm, Drought And Other Issues Affecting The Industry | Lost Coast Outpost
You’ve probably never heard of this before, but cannabis plays an important role in the economy of Humboldt County. So much so, in fact, that some people call Humboldt the “Napa Valley” of cannabis (another thing you’ve probably never heard a million times).
This is why the Humboldt County Growers Alliance (HCGA) works to preserve and protect our local cannabis industry, defending local small growers and promoting cannabis education.
In this week’s episode of Humboldt Holding Up, Natalynne DeLapp – the Executive Director of HCGA – shares the work of her organization, upholding the Humboldt cannabis ‘brand’ and the HCGA’s stance against the proposed farm. large-scale cannabis from Sun Valley.
Other topics covered with DeLapp include:
- Work with the City of Eureka to allow cannabis consumption at events
- How the drought in California is affecting local farmers.
- How HCGA got its start after legalization
- DeLapp’s feelings on the black / traditional market
- Why she’ll never smoke with a gravity bong again
PREVIOUS HUMBOLDT WAITING FOR GUESTS: